Pet & Hotel Policies
Petite Paws Pet Hotel may be referred to as Petite Paws and is the names under which Karen’s Petite Paws Pet Hotel, LLC operates. All references in these policies to Petite Paws or “us, we, our” mean Karen’s Petite Paws Pet Hotel, LLC and the policies are for the benefit of Karen’s Petite Paws Pet Hotel, LLC and its owners, staff and guests.
Hours of Operation
- 7:00 a.m.- 11:00a.m or 2:00p.m.-6:00 p.m. seven days per week (except posted holidays). Early/late drop off and pick up fees apply if a dog is dropped off or picked up outside of normal business hours for that specific day. Holiday hours are posted on the website. Parents may be allowed to drop off or pick up your dog outside of the office hours with prior communication and additional charges will be charged accordingly.
- Pet Owners must drop off their pet and pick up on the SAME DAY. Only those stays are charged our Day Stay rate. If your pet is not picked up and stays overnight that is considered boarding and you will be charged for our boarding service. A breakdown of our prices and services are listed on our website.
- All guests that are picked up during our afternoon office hours (2:00p.m.-6:00p.m.) will be charged an afternoon pick up fee.
- Our staff will attempt to track down vaccines on your behalf as a courtesy although; it is ultimately the owner’s responsibility to provide proof of your pet’s vaccination history and renewal before dropping off any guest. Vaccines can be provided in person or electronically on the website.
- By Louisiana State law, we may not admit dogs that are not current on their rabies vaccinations. Therefore, no dogs will be permitted at Petite Paws without proof of a current rabies vaccination.
- While the law does not require distemper/parvo, bordetella and canine influenza vaccines, we require that all dogs attending our facility remain current on these vaccinations, and we reserve the right to deny admission to any dog whose mandatory vaccinations are not up to date.
- A complete list of our required vaccines for canine and feline guests are listed on our website and may change in the future and if they do, there will be communication.
- Reservations are required for ALL SERVICES. If you need a reservation and have not yet made one, you can call ahead or make reservations on our website. Please note that if you arrive without a reservation, we will try our best to accommodate you and your pet. However, we may not be able to do so.
- If you have a current reservation for your pet(s) and you need to cancel your pets' reservation, please either call us or respond to your confirmation email as quickly as possible so that we may open that suite up for another guest.
- Boarding cancellation fees will be the full cost per nights reserved if we do not receive a phone call or email at least 24 hours in advance. Holidays will require a 72-hour advance cancellation to avoid charges.
- If you need to add days to your pets' stay, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance of the date change. For those needing your pet to stay longer, remember during peak season we may not be able accommodate you due to that we usually have a waiting list. Please consider any delays in your trip when making your pets' reservation.
- As you can imagine, holidays are a very busy time here at Petite Paws. We usually have a full house which means we have a lot of 4-legged guests to care for. We have a wonderful staff who work tirelessly during our holidays to care for all of our guests.
- To show our appreciation to them we choose to close our OFFICE ONLY for seven major holidays per year (New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day).
- By having our office closed we do not allow any drop off or pick ups, but rest assured that our staff is still their caring for our guests. We are able to modify our schedule that day to allow our staff some much needed holiday time.
- Your dog must be in good health or, if your dog has been ill with, or exposed to, any communicable disease within fourteen (14) days prior to bringing your dog to Petite Paws, you must provide us with a written release from your veterinarian.
- If your dog visits Petite Paws, you confirm that your dog is at least 14 weeks old, current on all required vaccines and is not aggressive.
Spay & Neuter
- Petite Paws will keep pets that have not been spayed or neutured, however, they must be boarded seperatly and walked alone. UNALTERED Males (over 12 months old) & Females IN HEAT are not allowed to participate in group play.
- Males (over 12 months old) must be neutered to participate in off-leash group play if behavior and temperament allows.
- If your dog develops any medical conditions, personality concerns or other conditions or behaviors that may affect his or her ability to participate in group play, it is your responsibility to notify the staff beforehand that your dog should not participate in group play if you or your vet feels your dog should not participate.
Flea & Ticks
- All dogs at Petite Paws are required to be free of ticks and fleas. If a dog is found to have fleas and/or ticks, Petite Paws will attempt to contact you first.
- If we are unable to reach you, we will then give the dog a flea bath and/or a Capstar tablet. Capstar is a flea treatment recommended and sold over the counter by veterinarians.
- Applicable fees will be added to your account.
- For the safety of everyone, all dogs are required to enter and exit Petite Paws on a leash and all cats in a pet carrier. Remember, your dog may be friendly, but there may be other dogs and humans in our lobby.
Photos & Videos
- Pets in in our facility may be used on the Petite Paws website, lobby displays or in other marketing materials.
- You consent to our use of your dog’s image and name in such marketing materials.
- All photos and video images are the property of Petite Paws and may not be used by you without our prior written consent.
- If any injury or medical problem develops while your dog is at Petite Paws, we are authorized to do whatever is deemed necessary for the safety, health and well-being of your dog and you agree to be responsible for any expense incurred.
- In emergency situations, we always try to contact you. If we are unable to reach you, we will call the emergency contact number that you leave with us. Therefore, it is important that you leave an emergency contact number of someone that does not usually travel with you.
- We will always put the health and safety of your dog first. If in our opinion, a situation needs to be addressed prior to being able to contact you, we will ensure that your dog receives treatment.
- You are responsible for any expenses incurred, including transportation costs.
- Dogs that participate in group play at Petite Paws are in a cage-free environment and the dogs are co-mingling.
- You understand that because of the open play environment, there are inherent risks, which, even when monitored by trained staff, may result in injuries including, but not limited to, broken nails, sore paw pads, puncture wounds, scratches and cuts, particularly in dogs with short hair.
- You further understand that even when dogs are vaccinated, they can develop communicable illnesses such as, but not limited to, Bordetella (“kennel cough”) or canine papilloma virus (“puppy warts”).
- You accept the risks involved and agree that Petite Paws Pet Hotel is not liable for, and that you are responsible for, any expense incurred by you or Petite Paws, including, but not limited to, veterinary expenses, in connection with any injury to your dog, illness of your dog, or damage to any of your property, resulting from your dog’s presence at Petite Paws Pet Hotel for boarding, day stay, bathing or for any other purpose.
- Please do not bring valuable items with your dog as we shall not be responsible or liable for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property belonging either to you or your dog.
- You agree to be responsible for yourself, your guests and your dog and to indemnify and hold Petite Paws harmless from all costs, damages, judgments and expenses including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, incurred by Petite Paws arising out of any investigation, claim, demand or cause of action arising, directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, from any conduct, activity or act of you, your guests or your dog at Petite Paws or any event sponsored by Petite Paws, or your failure to provide complete, accurate and timely information to Petite Paws about your dog.
- You are responsible for any damage or injury caused by your dog to any person or any property while your dog is at Petite Paws.
- The foregoing notwithstanding, in no event will Petite Paws be liable for consequential, exemplary, special, indirect or incidental damages it being specifically agreed that no consequential or incidental damages are within the contemplation of the parties for breach of any part of this Agreement.
- It is further specifically agreed that Petite Paws has no knowledge or reason to know of any general or particular requirements or needs of you or your dog which could give rise to consequential or incidental damages.
Right to Refuse
- Petite Paws has the right to refuse service to you and your dog at any time and for any reason.
- Petite Paws does not provide service to dogs that are too aggressive to be safely handled by our staff.
- Petite Paws staff tries to work with owners to inform them of their dog’s behaviors and ways they may address when a dog’s behavior becomes repeatedly disruptive.
- Dogs, like people, have different personalities, and not wanting to play with a group of other dogs does not make them “bad” dogs.
- No dog may be abandoned at Petite Paws. If you need to extend your dog’s stay, you may call Petite Paws to change the dates. Interim payment may be required in order to extend your dog’s stay.
- Any dog that is left without extending the stay and appropriate payment, if required, will be considered abandoned on the seventh day after the scheduled pickup date without such extension.
- You understand that if you abandon your dog at Petite Paws, we will, by default, become the legal owner and guardian of the dog. Petite Paws will, in its sole discretion, determine whether to find another home for the dog or to relinquish the dog to a local shelter of choice.
- You understand and agree that if you abandon your dog at Petite Paws, you may be unable to retrieve possession of your dog and will have no recourse against Petite Paws.
- It is important for you to leave an emergency contact number other than someone that usually travels with you so that in the event you are unable to contact us, we have someone we can contact about your dog.
- Petite Paws policies may change at any time. If any changes are made they will be posted to our website.